Thursday, August 19, 2010

Non-Strapless Wedding Gowns

Strapless wedding gowns are stunning. But they are not for everyone. While I didn't need to go shopping for a gown for my wedding, (I wore my grandmother's dress) I did go with some friends and tried some on for fun. I remember being in a few stores and my friend and I asked, at all of the stores, for non-strapless dresses. And they replied that they didn't have any!! All of the 3-4 stores we visited! They only had strapless! I was so relieved to have my grandmother's dress. While I love strapless dresses, they just were not for me on my wedding day. I would not have felt secure in one. My friend, that felt the same way about strapless, was told she could add straps. But sometimes the straps don't provide the neckline you are looking for.

While researching dresses for this post, it was easier than I expected. There seems to be more non-strapless options out there than there were two years ago. So here are some beautiful gown options for those wanting to go the non-strapless route.

* Please note that some of these prices are estimates based on what I have seen online. For many, you would have to visit a wedding salon for the exact price.



Selia Yang Serina – $3000+
Vera Wang Ethel - $$$$$





Reva Mivasagar Leaf - $3000+
David Tutera for Faviana Marcia - @$ 400




Jcrew Anouk Gown - $695
JS Collection One Shoulder Gown Nordstroms - $198




David’s Bridal Tiered Gown - $169.99
David’s Bridal Floral Burnout - $215




Ann Taylor Grecian Gown - $275
Alfred Angelo Style 838 - @ $825

No comments:

Post a Comment