Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Face Creams For Cold Weather

Yes, I know this is a shopping and fashion blog, not a beauty blog. But it is my blog and I can write about whatever I want. And I want to write about face creams today.


Cold weather is rough on the skin. I cannot use the same face creams in the summer as in the winter. My skin becomes much drier. I like to use a thick gentle face cream at night when it is cold. Below are creams I have tried and like - with the exception of Hop in a Jar. I have not tried that yet, but have heard nothing but good things. My favorites are La Mer and Nivea. Yes, I realize Nivea is not really a "face cream." But it is nice and thick and moisturizes really well! Honestly, it feels the same as La Mer and is basically all the same ingredients minus their magical sea kelp. And both give me a dewy look. Olay Regenerist is very nice. It goes on very easily and is not as thick as La Mer or Nivea. Same goes for the Mario Bedescu Seaweed Cream. The Ponds Rejuveness cream is not very thick either. But it seems to moisturize my skin really well. I got a sample of it in the mail last week and figured I'd give it a try. So far I really like it. With that being said, my skin has not been exposed to full on winter yet. So I am curious to see if it can keep my face as moisturized as the others when the time comes.

Please note that I recommend these creams for night use. It is important to use a face lotion with SPF during the day time!

Do you have a favorite face cream? Leave me a comment letting us know what you love and why.

*And, just so you know, none of these companies paid me or asked me to review their product. I did not get any free items from them. The Ponds sample was a sample sent in the mail. They did not send it to me knowing I would write about it. :)


 

Crème de La Mer - $130 Cremedelamer.com
Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream - $20 MarioBadescu.com



Nivea Cream - $5.97 Walmart
Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream - $22.09 Drugstore.com




Pond’s Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream - $8.97 Walmart
Hope in a Jar - $38 Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment