Thursday, September 17, 2009

New York RTW Fashion Week Favorites

I love checking out the new designs by fashions hottest designers. I'm not one of the lucky few who get invited to attend the fashion shows, but there are plenty of places online that allow me to check out the goods. This is when fashion is truly viewed as art. Pieces are carefully placed together to give the mood the artist is trying to create. Sometimes the looks are not actually practical for wearing in real life, but if you look at the pieces individually, you will know if it is something you would wear or not. Not every designer will appeal to you. Some may even disappoint you. Some may make you fall in love with them. After hours of looking on WWD and style.com, I have chosen my favorite looks/outfits and designers for Spring RTW 2010. I tend to lean towards more practical and classic looks.


Zac Posen:
For Spring 1020, Zac Posen is all about a variety of colors and shade and he is keeping them bright!





Vivienne Tam
I had mixed feelings on some of her looks, but these two stood out to me as practical and as pieces I would keep for a very long time!




Vera Wang:
I love her dresses and her use of fabric. Her pieces seem so wearable and flowy!





Nicole Miller:
Her dresses are so fun and she makes a wide variety of colors, shapes, and textures.

Mulberry:
I'm enjoying Mulberry this season as the pieces seem casual and fun! Not sure about the models wild hair though! Haha! Not something I could pull off, but added an element of fun to their show!





Marc Jacobs:
Over all this collection was fun to look at, but not practical for me. I do, however, love this green jacket!


Max Azria:
I'm a fan of the abstract scissor cuts in this collection. I also love the use of the soft neutral colors. Very wearable but also different from my everyday norm. Love it!


Marc by Marc Jacobs:
Great use of bold patters and bright colors for this collection. A pleasure to look at, but barely any looks I would actually wear. They just don't seem to have much that would look flattering. i do find this dress to be adorable for spring though!

Malandrino:
Malandrino channeled the Native American/Western look for this collection. Now I don't think you could make a wardrobe off this collection alone, but having one or two pieces would be a great and fun addition to a wardrobe.


Halston:
This collection will move flawlessly from spring into summer. I love the orange/peach colors and the shimmery silver/grays.




Donna Karan:
She does it again. Flawless pieces with classic cuts and elegant looks. Perfect additions for a professional wardrobe. great use of shades of peach and shades of gray. A wonderful collection!!




Dennis Basso:
One of my favorites for spring 2010. Just overall in love with his collection. Classic and elegant looks with beautiful fabrics and colors. be sure to go online and check out this entire collection. I'm in love!


Carolina Herrera:
My other favorite collection for spring 2010. I really love the use of the pinks, peaches, and creams. And I love how the colors are so complementary to each other. Beautiful designs!!




Badgley Mischka:
Gorgeous ball gowns and tasteful yet sexy swim suits. A wonderful collection. I am in love with the swimsuit here. And these dresses are to die for!


This is just a very small sampling of the collections and designers. Check out WWD.com or style.com to see everything from fashion week!

No comments:

Post a Comment